The challenges of legacy applications can be categorized into such areas:
- Problematic improvements and new functional introduction
- Complicated and expensive maintenance
- An enterprise disrupted the digital transition
- Reduced business efficiency
However, immersion in developing a new solution from scratch is not an option because it requires considerable time and budget. We keep applications and businesses relevant and useful, and help you meet the challenge of innovation smoothly and efficiently.
The modernization services we offer:
1. Application innovation consulting
We thoroughly investigate your legacy application code and infrastructure and my requirements and provide detailed guidance on improvements that will help you maximize value from previous investments.
2. Legacy to Cloud Migration
Statistics to check out cloud migration is an investment priority:
- 99.9% service availability.
- Saves 45-60% on operating costs.
- 4x faster launch of new features.
- 30-50% higher development and support staff productivity.
- 94% of businesses experience significant improvements in security.
- Depending on the application and business needs, Science Soft offers one of three options to the cloud - application re-hosting, application replatforming or application re-architecture.
- Re-hosting the application. We move the application from the on-premises or from the old cloud infrastructure to the new cloud (AWS or Azure). This is a fast and simple migration option to enable DevOps and ubiquitous access and optimize the use of hardware resources, enabling more innovative upgrades in the future. However, re-hosting offers cloud-driven benefits in terms of application restoration, performance, and scalability.
- Application replatforming. We complement moving the app to the cloud by introducing minor updates and code upgrades that will bring more advanced cloud capabilities (improved performance, scaling, error-tolerance, etc.) to the app.
- Reset the application. We make the most of the application's architecture to increase cloud capabilities (e.g., split it into web services and micro services).
3. Application Reconstruction
With a wide range of legacy skills, we can help you restore and slightly modify the code and design of your long-term enterprise applications.
The application may be allowed to reproduce:
- Web and mobile enabling.
- Improved appearance and appearance.
- Simple and inexpensive repairs and updates.
- DevOps, CI / CD Enabling.
- Increased performance and response time.
4. Application recording (automated and customized)
We revitalize your legacy applications created with modern programming languages, frameworks, and databases based on retiring languages and platforms (such as PowerBuilder, Delphi, VB, C ++, Cobol) or outdated technologies (obsolete Java and .NET versions).
5. Application containerization
With all the upgrade options, we can pack your applications or their components into separate packages at the OS level.
- Requires fewer resources to run.
- Easy Scalability.
- Simple movement through different environments.
- CI / CD Practice Enabling.